Manuscript Monday: That awkward moment when you wake up next to a strange alpha

I'm sort of behind on my blog posts at the moment. I've had the flu for a few weeks, and I'm finally feeling better but I'm still slow. Note: the flu sucks big time. Don't get it, if you can help it.

However, I'm working really hard at catching up. And I didn't miss MS Monday! Hooray for that!

Also, I forgot to mention in the last post that Cole (Alpha's Reign Book One) is a menage book between Cole (the resistant beta), Trent (the sexy alpha), and Akito (the also sexy omega).

Sort of like this, but with different hair colors and styles. Also, more peen. Gotta love the peen.


As promised, here's a sneak peek at Cole meeting Trent for the first time. Enjoy!

Cole turned over in bed and noticed a man sat next to him. Longish brown hair framed his face, unruly and tied back into a short ponytail with wisps sticking out in thick waves. His skin was golden, and his eyes were an unearthly silver. His mouth was turned up a fraction, but it was enough to show the sharp edge of his fangs.
A wolf but not just any wolf – an alpha.
Cole could tell by the glint in the man’s eyes. No other wolf had that expression. Only alphas looked that perfect. All other wolves were just humans who’d been changed. Alphas were more than that. They were the first.
Fuck!
Cole stared. Licked his lips, and tried to make his hung over brain come up with something to say that wouldn’t get his throat ripped out.
“Who the hell are you?” he asked.
The alpha smirked. “That’s what I expected. Defiance. I didn’t think you were as broken as you let on.”
Well, that didn’t answer Cole’s question, but alphas were like that. They only said what suited them, no matter how annoying it was to anyone else.
“Fuck you,” Cole said and rubbed his hand over his face. If he got his throat ripped out, at least he wouldn’t have to deal with alphas anymore.
To his surprise, the alpha didn’t lunge and tear his flesh. Instead, he laughed. “I’m Trent Yagami.”
Cole shrugged. That name meant nothing to him. Well, the first name anyway. “Yagami? Like the Boss Yagami?”
If so, this alpha didn’t need to rip out Cole’s throat himself. He had an army of underlings to do it for him. Yagami was the most powerful alpha in Neo-Tokyo with the largest amount of territory. It stretched from the city center to the outskirts, past the ruins and into the wilds. Word had it that Boss Yagami had farms out there and humans who worked them. That’s how he got his resources. He had one of the only fresh supplies of food coming into the city. And if this was the Yagami, what did that mean?
Cole swallowed.
Trent’s eyes narrowed. “No. Not that Yagami, but I see you’ve heard of my father. This is why Sari discarded you. A wolf has to know their enemies, and you don’t know me.”
“You’re my enemy?” Cole asked, and felt the blood drained from his face. A chill shot up his spine. “Sari kicked me out because I couldn’t. . . .”
“Enforce her will. I know. You spared that man’s life, but he died anyway. And now you’re here. But I can fix you.”
Cole blinked. Squeezed his eyes shut and tried not to see the thing he ran from for the last year – that man’s face. The fear. The dread that choked him. Cole couldn’t do it. He dropped the gun. Let the man go. Only Sari’s wolves got the man anyway.
Because wolves always won.
They ruled.
Whenever Cole closed his eyes he saw the blood and flesh rip apart. Heard the cries the man made, cut short as the wolves tore out his throat. Cole knew he couldn’t do that – couldn’t be one of those things.
They weren’t human.
They were animals without morals or compassion. All they cared about was their territory and gaining more power.
He couldn’t join them and he couldn’t fight them, so he gave up. But giving up now wouldn’t help him survive.
“I don’t want to be fixed,” Cole said and threw the covers off.
A dark haired man curled next to him, and Cole’d been so unnerved he didn’t notice until now. It only took a quick glance to figure out who it was – Akito.
Right.
How could he be so stupid?
Or course Akito turned Cole over to his alpha. What loyal pack member, wolf or not, wouldn’t?
Shit. Whatever happened between them in the past, Cole needed to get out now.
He slipped out of the bed and stood on unsteady legs. He still had on his boxers, but his pants were missing.
Trent raised both brows. “You want to go back to partying until you end up dead? You want to give up the potential you have to be great because you failed at one simple test? I think there was a time you wanted to be part of a pack. Live a better life. Yet you’re willing to give it all up and throw everything away. Why?”
Cole glanced around the room and headed toward the window. His heart pounded as he yanked open the shades. The sight that met him was unfamiliar, to say the least. Not the urban sprawl of Neo-Tokyo’s crumbling concrete buildings and skyscrapers, which gave way to the rubble in the distance. Instead, he stared right at a thick forest. Trees with new growth twisted beyond the window, and a small pond with a little rock garden sat in front of them.
“Where am I?” Cole breathed. “And how long was I out?” If alphas could avoid answering questions, he could too.
“Only for the night. This is Yoyogi Park, a mere fraction of my territory. Ever seen a tree, Cole?” Trent asked, his voice thick with sarcasm.
Cole scowled and slumped against the window. “Not in a long time. Not since. . . what do you want from me?”
“For one, I don’t want you to die,” Trent said. He stood up and rubbed the hair out of his face. Since he was an alpha, Trent was taller than Cole by several inches, with broad shoulders and a strong frame. “I’m building a pack, and you’re going to be my beta.”
Cole rubbed his fingers through his own straight blond hair and glanced at Akito, who was still asleep. The words turned to mush in his head. “Why me? I don’t want to be like you.”
Trent rolled his eyes. The silver caught the hint of sunlight and sparked. “I don’t care what you want. That’s the upside of being an alpha. I’m stronger than you. I can find you wherever you run, and I can bite you and make you mine. That’s what I intend to do.”


Comments

Popular Posts