Titan in Chains (Broken Heroes One) Sneak Peek: They fight, they fuck.

I'm back with a sneak peek at Titan in Chains (Broken Heroes One)! Patrick and Calder get along as college roommates, but at night they do nothing but fight (which obviously leads to sexiness).

So I'm searching the interwebs for a lovely picture to go along with the scene I was planning to share and found this:


Oh, Roy/Maes how I shipped you so hard it hurt. Okay, I still ship them. Also, major feels. Have I ever mentioned my obsession love with Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood? The first series is good (some fillers and weirdness, but I actually enjoyed the ending). FMA: Brotherhood is a work of motherfucking genius. Brilliant and wonderful. Watch it. Also, Roy Mustang. *sigh*

I also found this picture from Grayson #1 (I believe). The only thing the New 52 did right. They remembered Dick Grayson is a gloriously gorgeous man and gave us all fanservice in order to appreciate it.


I hope this scene isn't too confusing without context. I don't want to give too much away, and there's a bit of stuff that builds up to this point (which makes sense if you read it in order)! Just to make things easier to understand: Patrick is the vigilante Apprentice and Calder is Titan. They both want to clean up Darkvale, but they have different methods they use to do that. Also, it's unedited and subject to change a bit in the final draft. Enjoy!

As Titan stood, he shook the glass off his shirt. The leather jacket protected his arms, but he grimaced nonetheless. “What the hell are you playing at?”

At least he didn’t come with his fists swinging this time. He spread his legs and raised his hands, his stance defensive. 

Apprentice rolled his shoulders. “I think we could have some fun together. I think I have what you need, and vice versa.”

Titan’s lips rose into a snarl. “What I need? Like hell you freak!”

“You’re one to talk. I can’t mow down brick buildings with my fists, but I’m guessing that’s not a problem for you, is it?” Apprentice asked. He kept his distance, a good twenty feet, just in case Titan tried something. Part of winning a battle was making sure it took place on your terms. These terms had Apprentice written all over them. 

Titan frowned. “Shut it. I’m taking you in.”

“To the police? For what?” Apprentice asked and put his hands on his hips. The city simmered around them – the lights a warm yellow glow and the sounds and smells, both unpleasant and familiar, filled the air.

What a night for romance. 

Titan narrowed his eyes. “You know what. You almost killed Senator Compton and her bodyguard. Councilman Roberts went missing a week after you and your boss revealed his mob ties. Oh, and he didn’t skip the country. He probably got killed.”

That last one stung, however slightly. It was always a risk that the mob would retaliate the only way it knew how. That was how. Still, Apprentice wasn’t about to show any weakness. “Am I supposed to feel badly for some crooked politicians getting what they deserve? How many deaths do you think were on Roberts’s head? The bastard wasn’t innocent.”

Titan pursed his lips. He didn’t seem to have a good retort for that. 

Apprentice smiled. “What? The VS didn’t spoon feed you a response to sound logic?”
“Shut up. I can think for myself,” Titan roared and lunged forward. 

That was more than predictable. Apprentice sprung into action, a flip to the side and swept Titan off his feet. Too easy. Really. 

Then the unexpected. Titan smiled, all teeth, and he whipped the loose end of the cuff around Apprentice’s ankle and snapped it shut. It fit, even over the boot, and with one quick pull Apprentice sprawled onto the ground. No backflip could save him now. 

“Gotcha,” Titan said. 

Apprentice laughed and wrapped his free leg around Titan’s hip. Even through several layers of fabric he still felt the heat and power hidden in that body. It sent a rush to his head, which Apprentice didn’t need at the moment. Not in a situation like this. “Nice move. You’ve been practicing. But don’t you think I can get out of my own cuffs?”

If Titan minded the thigh curled around him, he didn’t mention it. “Oh, I have been practicing, and Dire is just as squirrely as you – sometimes literally.”

Squirrely? Calder used that expression too, but it was common enough. That didn’t mean anything. Patrick wasn’t going to jump to unfounded conclusions, but it was something to consider. A possibility. Apprentice swallowed, and reached for his thigh. If worse came to worse, he might have to use a dart to put Titan to bed for a while. God, he hoped it didn’t come to that. 

“And you did all his practice one-handed?” It sounded a whole lot dirtier than he’d meant it to. 

Titan actually blushed. “No, but I’m not one handed anymore,” he said and held up his free hand. The cuff was open. He’d picked it. Impressive. 

That also meant Apprentice was free. He pulled his feet up, kicked and rolled away in one fluid movement. The impact caught Titan in his chest, but he hardly budged. Of course he hardly budged. Super strength combined with near invulnerability did that to a man. 
One of his fists closed on Apprentice’s free ankle. 

Snap!

The cuffs bound his legs, and Apprentice fought the heat spreading up his chest at the idea that this—this newbie tricked him. Him!

X was going to kill him. 

“Is this a nice move too? I have others,” Titan said. The veins in his neck pulsed. 
How much power was he holding back just now? How badly did he want to pummel Apprentice into a bloody smear on the concrete? 

“Kinky. You gonna do my wrists next? I think it’s only fair. It’ll put us on an even playing field,” Apprentice said and gave Titan a mocking smile, no matter how many red flags were shooting off inside his head, he wasn’t about to give away that this situation was bad. And possibly not in his control anymore – or, at least, as much in his control as it should be.

‘Show no weakness’ was still the number one rule. 

Titan growled, and rolled on top of him in what resulted in a wrestling match. Bad for Apprentice, since he needed distance when fighting a larger foe. It gave Titan the upper hand. 

They ended up with Apprentice pinned, hands above his head, and Titan looming over him. He needed both hands to hold Apprentice’s gauntlets, and with one flick the blades could come out and cut through Titan’s flesh, but Apprentice didn’t activate them. 

Not yet. 

Not when Titan was finally where he wanted him, even if his mood was less than congenial.
Instead, Apprentice spread his thighs and pressed his groin up and into Titan’s. 

Titan’s eyes widened. “What are you—”

Apprentice cut him off with a kiss. Their mouths met, hot and slick and Titan sucked in a breath, but he didn’t pull away. Interesting development. Patrick expected Titan to howl in protest. That he didn’t even put up a fight boded well. This was the best distraction ever. Especially with the heat of Titan smothering him and the sensation of those lips, rough and not quite soft enough, smashed into his. Titan’s breath tasted like mint. 

Apprentice moaned and caught Titan’s bottom lip in a gentle bite.

Titan stared at him, mouth slack, and frowned. 

Apprentice ignored it and leaned forward. His lips brushed over the stubble of Titan’s sideburns and rested on his ear. He swore he felt Titan’s heart pounding against his chest. “I know what you really want, so let me give it to you.”  




Comments

  1. Yesss~~~~
    I shall forever ship Huges x Roy! <3 <3
    gawd...no. i just can't. the feels for these two! *runs away*

    LOL but agreed!! FMA:Brotherhood was the best anime! I just can't ever... I own it. That is all! LOL..
    Kyah! I look forward to this new series! *A* wohohoho~ So so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't watch *that* episode without bawling. And I know what's going to happen, but it gets me every damn time. Especially the Brotherhood version because it looks like he *might* make it. Then Roy at the funeral. "It's raining. . . ."

      Oh, and I'm having so much fun working on this new series. ^_^ I hope everyone enjoys it!

      Delete
  2. Whenever you post fanart from anime, I have this urge to draw fanart from your novels. Then I remember that I can't draw...if I ever get better at art, I'm so drawing my favorite scenes from, like, each of your books (I'm pretty sure I own every one of them in some form).
    I like this excerpt, transitions quickly from fight scene to hotness. Just how I like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so stupidly giddy if you (or anyone) drew fanart from my books! That would be amazing!!!! ^_^ And I'm glad you like it (and thanks so much for getting all my books!). This one is so much fun to work on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts